Saturday, May 24, 2014

That WHIZ-BANG lesson.

After a lesson observation this week, I was talking to the teacher who I had observed and the conversation naturally shifted to the demands on teachers and their ability to produce quality lessons. Every teacher would admit time is their biggest barrier to creating the perfect lesson for every class.

With so much admin work to do each week, it seems that our lesson planning is not always our main priority. I can admit that there are some lessons that I could have done better, while, they weren't a disaster, they could have gone a little better.

During the discussion the teacher noted some advise he had been given a long time ago from a university lecturer. His advice was create a 'Whiz-Bang' lesson for every class just once a week. I loved this idea of balance.

So here is my challenge to you all. Create one lesson per class which has that Whiz-Bang effect!

Enjoy

Nigel and Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment